Thursday

Cindy Sherman

Although not a main inspiration of mine, Cindy plays a part in influencing me in my work. She does this by the way she uses herself within her photography, and as I've stated numerous times before, I will be using myself within my work also. The main inspiration I have gained from looking at Cindy is to use myself within my own photography. She liked to dress up and then take pictures of herself, as if becoming a whole new person, almost as you would as a child during 'dress up' play time.

Cindy Sherman, Untitled film still #14, 1978
What I like about this picture is that it's perfectly staged yet she has created this on her own, she has no assistant, just her camera and a work table with the appropriate sources. I also like the authenticity of the photo, as it is old, it shows with the grain and way the black and white also has a worn out sort of feel to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment